Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tour de Hospital


So, because this is my first baby I have absolutely no freakin idea what I'm doing. I figured my doctor would prep me as much as necessary and tell me everything I need to know - even without asking! Luckily someone told me otherwise and let me know I don't have to wait for my doctor to tel me which prenatal classes are available and I can actually find them on my own - what a concept!

I finally went online and found the list of classes available. Little did I know most of them don't need to be taken or aren't recommended until about 4-6 weeks before the due date. Don't they know I'm a planner and want to take the classes NOW?! I'm sure though that it's more useful and the info will stick better when you're closer to delivery.

But I did find there was a free tour of the Mary Birch hospital where we will be delivering. This one didn't tell me when I "should" take it, so I signed up! What a great idea!

Not only did they provide a tour of the hospital - the birthing room, postpartum room, NICU, etc - but they had a physician's panel there to answer all your questions. Thankfully the class was full and lots of people had questions. I've realized I have a lot of questions, but never ask them because I don't know I have them! This makes sense to me somehow.

Anyway, the panel was great and provided some very useful information. But, the best person on the panel was the anesthesiologist! Hayden and I quickly fell in love with her and wanted to take her out for dinner to get to know her better! :) She was the sweetest, most calming lady I've ever met. I wish we could reserve her for our birth!! She could certainly make any mother feel at ease...I'm sure the drugs help to! So, fingers crossed she'll be there when we deliver.

Overall, we felt very comfortable with where were going to deliver our lil girl and happy to know we will be in good hands. It made me anxious and I wanted to give birth already!

No comments:

Post a Comment