Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Raegan is 2 Weeks Already!

Well it's officially been 2 weeks since Raegan has blessed us with her arrival and boy has she changed our lives! From the day we got home, we were instantly challenged with our new lives as parents. She was blessed with her father's tiny little mouth and had some trouble breastfeeding, so we had to employ a feeding tube during feedings to ensure she was getting enough to keep her happy. I also had to pump after each feeding, lending to an hour and a half process that started all over again around the 2 hour mark...giving me just about a 30 minutes break. Needless to say, this is what lead to my first breakdown. It was hard to know just how much she needed to eat and she let me know it was not enough! I was upset and thought I was starving her! Thankfully, Hayden was calm and collect and helped this crying mom get her confidence back and take charge.

Following my small breakdown was daddy's first breakdown. Luckily we didn't have them at the same time! Using a feeding tube was proving exhausting and challenging and Hayden wanted to switch to a bottle to make things easier. I was adamant about giving breastfeeding a little more time before introducing a bottle so I wanted to keep going. I think Raegan could sense our frustration because she ditched the feeding tube on the following feeding. All that work we put in helped my milk come in and Raegan was finally getting enough! Whew!


Luckily Raegan has been a decent sleeper and has slept in 4 hour stretches, giving me a good amount of sleep each night. That has definitely been a blessing. Her newest challenge has been a 3 day growth spurt where she was eating about every 30 minutes!! I had to really channel my patience over these last few days to get through it. I was literally drained! But, today she finally is back to a 2-3 hour feeding schedule, which has given me the chance to do a few things - like write this blog!


In the past few weeks we have taken our fair share of photos and instead of loading them all on this blog, I've uploaded them to Kodak Gallery online for everyone to enjoy. Please use the link below to enjoy photos from day 1 to today of our precious Raegan's little life.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/slideShow/Main.jsp?facebook=true&sourceId=984136008703


Stay tuned for more of Raegan's little adventures!

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't able to see the pictures!! I need to see that beautiful baby! You are a natural mom KK, don't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is being testy! The link should work now...just copy and paste. Enjoy! And you're always welcome over to come meet her. Just let me know when you're in town!

    ReplyDelete