Monday, August 23, 2010

Laid Off??!!!

That's right, they laid off the pregnant lady! While this is hard to believe, it's perfectly legal because they also let go 95 other people in the company. It's a rough time and obviously very bad timing for us. The one positive thing that did happen is they are keeping me on until September 22nd, which means I get one more month of pay and benefits. This is great, but awkward to say the least. It's very hard to come into work every day knowing that I won' t have a job or benefits in a month and to work with people who made the decision to let me go. But I will say, watching these people avoid me like the plague is pretty darn hilarious!! :)

While this is going to be one of the hardest times of my life, it has the chance to also be one of the greatest as well. Not only will I now have the opportunity to find a new job that hopefully I will like, but I will have the chance to relax and rest before Baby Kelly is here and not stress about returning to work right away if I don't want to. Financially things will be tight, but we'll make it work. One day at a time is how I'm looking at it right now. Nothing much I can do to change this, so my outlook is positive and I will make the best of this experience!

Thank you to all of our family and friends for your love and support through this. It makes a world of difference to have you there and we appreciate you all immensely!

No comments:

Post a Comment