Thursday, August 12, 2010

Watch Out, Here Comes the Nesting

So I think the whole nesting thing is slowing approaching and I'm fearful of what may happen! I am already an anal retentive person that has to have things just right and I hear the nesting thing can get a little out of hand. I've received a lot of hand-me-downs in the last week and I'm seriously having to talk myself out of quiting my job to run home and start cleaning and getting the baby nursery set up! I want to do it all and I want it done NOW!

The hard part is finding space in the now officially too small condo we live in. I have no clue how we're going to fit everything we need into the space we have, but I guess that organizing gene of mine will have to make things work and pull it all together. The other difficult part is coming to terms with the idea that everything may not have it's perfect place. For example...and feel free to now refer to me as the crazy pregnant nesting maniac...we currently use our 2nd bedroom as a gym/office. Well this now has to change. But how is the big question? Where will everything go? Hayden's solution: move the computer to the living room and move the exercise bike to the bedroom. And done....in HIS mind! :)

If you've been to my house (or just know me) you may notice that I like to have things just right and if they are moved an inch I can't stand it. Some say I am Monica from Friends, but I think that is a strech. Anyway, this so-called solution is keeping me up at night. How sad is that?! I literally am having panicked thoughts about how this will look and how I will live with this "change." I have to keep reminding myself that this change is for the baby and I will be just fine with things not fitting perfectly in a nice little space, but ugh, a little piece of me is dying inside! So, for those of you who do make it to my house once these changes are made, please lie to me and tell me it all looks good and fits so nicely in our house. :)

In the meantime, I will do my best to fight the urge to do everything now and to squash the panicked thoughts of an unorganized, cluttered household. Because, yes, I know, it will get worse once Baby Kelly is here. That in itself will be a whole other learning experience of patience and organizational skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment